Access to affordable energy, water, and telecommunications services are essential necessities for modern life. Loss of these services can threaten the health and safety of vulnerable households, as well as access to their housing. NCLC works with federal and state policymakers, utility companies, and advocates on policies and programs to maintain fair and affordable utility services for low-income families.
- Energy Efficiency and Multifamily Housing
- Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Stay Connected
- LIHEAP and Fuel Assistance
- Weatherization & Home Energy Efficiency
- Appliance Efficiency Standards
- Consumer Protection: Metering, Terminations, Prepaid Service & Payment Plans
- Climate Change Justice
- Electric and Gas (including competitive energy suppliers)
- On-Bill Financing
- Utility Rate Design
Access to Utility Services
Deals with the major problems of rising prices, deregulation, and termination of electricity, heating, and telecommunications.